You know the old saying about siblings, right? They're the best of friends and the worst of enemies.
How do you think your sibling feels about your pain? Have you ever tried asking your sibling that question?
Top 7 Topics to Talk About With Your Siblings
- Do you think mom and dad treat me differently because of my pain?
- Does my pain ever embarass you?
- Do you think my pain has changed our relationship?
- Can I explain to you how much pain affects my life?
- How do you feel about the way my pain affects our family?
- What can we do to make our relationship better?
- Do you think we should ask mom and dad to help us with these issues?
Need more help resolving conflicts with your siblings? Click here
“My brother would get jealous of me for having special needs. He often resented all the attention I received and there was far more money spent on me than on him. He was torn between being the understanding and compassionate person he wanted to be and the person who wanted to yell, ‘I’m here too and I’m special in my own way!’”
— Maggie, 16